Michael Hall School is a charitable trust whose charitable objects are to “hold the premises in perpetuity for the purpose of a School for the education of children in accordance with the principles and methods enunciated by Rudolf Steiner.”
The School Annual Returns can be found here.
Please click here to read the most recent Ofsted inspection reports.
The School Council of Trustees is the board of the charity Michael Hall School Ltd. Known as ‘Trustees’ (or sometimes ‘The Council’), the role of Trustees is to:
- Set the School’s strategy and monitor the implementation.
- Appoint the School’s management and leadership and monitor their effectiveness.
- Be the guardians of the School’s assets.
- Assure compliance with regulations and legislation such that the School retains its status as a registered school.
- Assure good governance, e.g., that the School abides by the policies, procedures, codes of conduct and contracts of employment.
- Council members are recruited to lead one or more of the following portfolios, which map onto the Ofsted standards:
- Early Years quality of education
- School Years quality of education
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitability of staff, supply staff, proprietors and volunteers
- Premises of and accommodation at school
- Provision of information including marketing
- Manner in which complaints are handled
- Quality of management and leadership
- Boarding and boarding practices
- Financial governance
A list of the School Council members can be found here
Company Members – The Association
Michael Hall School Ltd. is a company limited by guarantee. It has company members who represent its interests rather than shareholders. The role of company members is to:
- Hold the Council to account.
- Appoint/re-appoint Council members.
- Inform and be consulted on decisions concerning the School’s current and future direction.
Senior Leadership Team
The Senior Leadership Team is responsible to the Council via the Principal, and manage the day to day running of the school. That team consists of the below members:
- Emmeline Hawker – Acting Principal & Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Liz James – School Business Manager
- Jacqui Phillips – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead & SENCo
- Mark Fielding – Assistant Principal & Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Jacqueline Courtenay – Lower School Assistant Principal
- Michaela Devaris – Upper School Assistant Principal
Michael Hall is primarily funded by school fees, in addition to grants and donations. The school is committed to keeping school fees to a minimum and as accessible to all as possible. To support this it holds regular fundraising events, including the regular Mansion Markets, the Advent Fair, Midsummer Festival, plays, performances, vegetable stalls and more.