Main Lesson – Class 8a
Work for week commencing 20th April 2020
Main Lesson – Chemistry
Dear Class 8a
The Main Lesson will be split into different parts.
One part is 5 mins on reciting poetry, mindfulness or speech, then about 15 mins on maths practice and 15mins on English practice, you can then spend another 1 hour and 30 mins on Main Lesson ‘content’ which includes doing experiments, watching video clips, writing and drawing.
Your work will be found by the link to the Class 8a ‘Team’ sent to you on your class email. Please check this out. If you have not got your password then you will need to get your parent to email me and I will try to sort it out. Otherwise try the instructions below.*
Teams is a bit like Facebook – you will be able to ask me questions and speak to each other about school work. I will put work with files, videos and assignments for you to do on the site and you will be able to send work in for me to see.
I will be available to answer your questions directly from 9am until 11am on normal school days. After that I will answer by the next school day.
Good Luck, Mr Purdy
* Another way to get to Teams is below:
Download and install Teams on a Mac or Windows computer:
- Navigate to https://teams.microsoft.com in your favourite web browser.
- Sign in with your Michael Hall email address.
- This will open up the Teams web application.
- To install the desktop app on your personal device, you can download it by clicking on the Download Desktop App icon, located at the bottom left-hand corner of the Teams app, just below the Help button. The Teams desktop app (~93Mb) will start installing.
- After the download is completed, install Teams by double-clicking on the Teams installer.
Teams also works with your smartphone.
To download and install the Teams App on either an iPhone or Android phone:
- Navigate to either the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Search for Microsoft Teams, and proceed to the correct search result.
- Select Get (iOS) or Install (Android).
- This will download and install the application on your phone.