Michael Hall School is an independent school for girls and boys aged 0 to 19 years. We follow the international Steiner Waldorf curriculum meeting the developmental needs of the children and young people in our care through a curriculum that inspires key human capacities such as empathy, creativity and social skills. Our students love to learn. They embrace the world and new experiences, they work hard, not only for the wider community as well as themselves. Michael Hall students enjoy a unique education in a unique setting.
For details on how our curriculum meets children in their development stage please see our Curriculum Framework
From The Steiner Waldorf School’s Fellowship:
- Works for all children irrespective of academic ability, class, ethnicity or religion;
- Takes account of the needs of the whole child – academic, physical, emotional and spiritual;
- Is based on an understanding of the relevance of the different phases of child development;
- Develops a love of learning and an enthusiasm for school;
- Sees artistic activity and the development of the imagination as integral to learning;
- Is tried and tested and is part of state funded, mainstream provision in most European countries;
- Is respected worldwide for its ability to produce very able young people who have a strong sense of self and diverse capacities that enable them to become socially and economically responsible citizens.
RSE consultation page can be viewed here